Tuesday 25 September 2012



            Spicy Pork With Dried Chilli



   Most of the time I like simple dishes with the minimum of ingredients  and this pork dish is so simple and so yummy. Beware though when frying the dried chillies because they will make you cough and gag! Open windows are recommended.......

Slice pork into thin strips. I used pork belly which is a cheaper cut. Some fat on the meat makes the dish better tasting and moist.

Marinade the meat with some soy sauce, a bit of chilli powder and  pepper. Fry in some oil until the meat is well cooked and brown.  Remove the meat and most of the oil. You should have about a tablespoonful of oil left in the pan.

Now comes the tricky part. Frying the chillies.Open the window or switch on the fan. Heat the oil slightly and add the dried chillies. Stir quickly and let them cook until the chillies look almost burnt, a deep dark color. They will be emitting a smokey aroma, and you should probably be coughing by then!!! Remove from heat and add the fried pork. Return to heat and stir. Add about a tablespoonful of sweet dark soy sauce and stir. If you have green onions, this is the time to add them, sliced of course. If you don't have them, no problem. I didn't.

Plate the meat and serve immediately.

       

The taste is smokey, hot and thoroughly delicious.

This a version of kung bao chicken though I used what ever chilli I had on hand.

You can replace cubes of fried fish, sliced chicken or prawns  and add all sorts of veggies to it. I personally love it with small florets of cauliflower and carrots slivers. Use what ever floats your boat and name it what ever you wish.


Easy, quick and bound to impress someone.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your post middle of night make me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. my first comment!! Thanks! I haven't been keeping up the blog.. I should though.

      Delete